Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Remember to Feed Your Heart and Your Soul!


Oten times we forget that our HEART and our SOUL need nourishment. It is EASY to satisfy our stomach as we hear a grumbling when hungry or a hunger pang in our gut. But what about listening very quietly to the hunger of our heart and the thirst of our soul? How do we know when and how to feed them? Be STILL. Be OPEN. Be ready to feel an appetite that you might not have had for awhile.

For me, my HEALTHY LIFESTYLE came right before another transition in my life. I was lucky enough to have all of my "food" ready to be served to my heart and soul. It wasn't easy but at least it was there! What I am suggesting is this. When challenges hit and they WILL hit...have what comforts you and is there for the taking. For me, it is a blue chair that I have in my bedroom. I bought it for $25 at an "estate" sale...(fancy word for garage sale) and then recovered it in a beautiful blue velvet. It is heaven when I sit in it. Beside it, I have a table of photographs with my children and my parents AND some fresh flowers from my garden...the stephanotis flower. I feel such comfort when I sit beside this table. It is all about what makes me alive. You will also see my rosary that belonged to my father's mother. I say it daily to feed my soul. That's right...MY FAMILY...MY FAITH...and MY FLOWERS! I need nothing else for my heart and my soul to stay full.


Now you go prepare a feast when YOUR heart and soul need feeding!!!

No comments: