Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tofu Pasta with Chicken? Don't knock it til you try it!!!


Ok, now before you make the assumption that I have totally lost it, just listen!!! This is pretty darn good. The GREAT part about this "noodle substitute" is that for an 8 ounce portion there are only 40 calories, 1 gram of fat and 6 carbs. I thought...ARE YOU SERIOUS? A regular 8 ounce portion of pasta is over 200 calories and at least 40 carbs. I'm telling you...this is amazing! You have to remember to rinse the noodles really well so the "TOFU" smell is gone. Microwave the noodles in a bowl for about 3 minutes and then dry them with paper towels. Add about a tablespoon and a half of either mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, another tablespoon and a half of Jalapeno yogurt (you can buy this at Costco) and a handful of grated Romano cheese. I added some roasted chicken for the protein. Fresh cracked pepper adds a nice touch, too. Almost a spicy Alfredo sauce. Really! I am eating a whole different way now that I am on the "Art of Fitness" show and I need to be creative. This is something I'm proud of for sure!

2 comments:

Natalie Jill said...

YUM!!! Can't wait to try!

Gerry the Cook said...

This recipe is dedicated to YOU! I wouldn't have even known about TOFU NOODLES if it wasn't for you!!! Thank you AGAIN for all that you have taught me about health and fitness and friendship!