Saturday, June 18, 2011

Yes...hell yes...THIS IS PART OF MY HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!

A martini you say? YES...a martini I say! If you freakin' think that I am going through this

"TRANSITION" without an occasional martini...you better sign on to another blog!!! My attitude, and it seems to improve with a little bubbly, is 80% of the time I am on track with no alcohol at all but a little Vodka (which comes from potatoes) is not going to kill me every once in a while. But to be honest, let's talk about what it does to your body...



First, the way alcohol is absorbed by the body is different. All other foods and drinks are digested, converted and transported to cells and tissues. Alcohol goes directly to the blood stream. About 20 percent of the alcohol is absorbed (into the bloodstream) through the stomach walls and about 80 percent is absorbed through the small intestine. They are empty calories, meaning you get all the calories with little or no nutritional value.


You know, I'm not going to say another word because I just think that I popped my own balloon!


Dammit! I hope that I still even go to the birthday party tonight after this post!!!

No comments: