Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pea Salad..now with Greek Yogurt?

Ok, so with my new healthy lifestyle I had to re-do one of my favorite recipes. Pea Salad with Cheddar Cheese and Red Onions. I have served this for a gazillion years and it is DELICIOUS! I substitute Greek yogurt in lieu of the mayonnaise now. Not bad at all. Considering what else I will be having tomorrow...this will make me feel like I'm still on track! Wait till you see the post tomorrow...OMG! Sausage and Egg Casserole! I mean, fer crying out loud...it's EASTER!

Pea Salad with Cheese and Red Onions

1 cup sour cream
½ cup Greek yogurt
Drop of Tabasco sauce
2 cups finely diced sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups finely diced red onions
Fresh chopped dill (to taste)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
10 ounce bag of frozen peas


Rinse frozen peas under cold water to separate and drain. Blend the sour cream, mayonnaise and Tabasco sauce together. Pour over peas. Add the onions and cheese. Season with the salt and pepper and fresh dill. Chill at least 1 hour. Delicious.

No comments: