Saturday, April 16, 2011

Eggplant for a size 6?

Baked Eggplant... but still OMGosh delicious? So I love Eggplant Parmigiana but I would like to live past the age of 60.I guess that means that I need to change up my cooking habits. So here it is! AND it turned out DELICIOUS! Try it… and then you should still go for walk!

3 eggplant sliced

salt & pepper

1 cup grated Romano Cheese

drizzle of extra virgin olive oil

2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (preferably Italian)

Lay the eggplant slices on 2 cookie sheets sprayed with Pam. Spray more Pam on eggplant slices. Salt and pepper both sides of eggplant. Place in a 400 degree oven and bake until they are lightly tan. You don’t have to brown on both sides. Let them cool a couple of minutes and then place one layer in your serving dish. Drizzle some REALLY good olive oil on them and then sprinkle with some Romano cheese. Keep layering, drizzling and sprinkling. If you really want to splurge, (here I go again, trying to add more calories!) add a little Marsala wine on top and then put it back in the oven at 300 degrees for about 5 minutes. Good luck at not eating the whole dish!! Oh, and don’t forget some good wine!

No comments: